I love Jude Temple’s approach to living more authentically, especially your “Authentic Self”!
- Be a good zookeeper.
- Listen to your body.
- Shut the “should” up.
- Try not trying.
- Tell the truth.
- Gather your tribe.
One BIG World Out There!
#1 – Be A Good Zookeeper
“Be a good zookeeper. It’s easier to connect with your Authentic Self when your physical self is content.
Our bodies are essentially animals, so be a good zookeeper to your animal. Feed it food it enjoys, keep it well-hydrated,
and offer it regular access to its preferred environment. A happy body creates a strong link to your Authentic Self.” ~Jude Temple
#2 – Listen To Your Body
Your body will take you down if you do not listen to it!
Ask yourself “How do you feel?”!
- How do you communicate, interact and connect with your whole being?
- How does your body feel when it experiences joy and excitment as well as happiness and contentment?
- How does your body feel when it feels passionate and has a sense of purpose?
- How does your body feel when you are open to the possibilities and expanding yourself to the opportunities?
- How does listening to your body instead of your mind make you feel?
Cultivating . . . Listening . . . Growing . . .
#3 – Shut the “should” up
The words could, should and would need to be replaced with the words can, do and will! Along with the shoulds is the gottas and have tos. Instead start coming from a place of love and following your heart!
Give yourself permission without the guilt in doing what you are passionate about, especially in what you love! Get curious and explore. Play, laugh and have fun; find your inner BIG kid! Do what brings you joy and happiness.
Loving, Believing, Hoping . . .
#4 – Try Not Trying
Give yourself a break!
- Less overthinking.
- Being more in the present.
- Creating space by setting boundaries to value and respect yourself.
- Practicing to progress, grow and gain experiences.
- Going within yourself to find YOU!
- Listening to your inner being.
- Leading with your heart instead of your head.
- Making time for yourself.
- Focusing on your breathing.
- Taking time to relax and rest.
#5 – Tell The Truth
Telling the truth is not always easy, especially when it comes to the willingness to tell the truth to yourself! It can be tricky in finding that balance. The emotions, feelings and thoughts that the truth evokes in yourself and your whole being. It is important to express yourself and it it matters to have a voice, especially in being in control to make decisions and choices for YOU!
“Think of your Authentic Self as the you-est version of you.
She is your innate tendencies, your natural qualities, and your hard-wired personal preferences.
She is the part of you that likes salty over sweet, prefers an evening at home over a night out barhopping, and would choose Ryan Gosling over Ryan Reynolds any day of the week.
Your Authentic Self is the part of you that loves what she loves, wants what she wants, and knows precisely how to get there (if you let her).” ~Jude Temple
Baby steps can be key in getting started in telling the truth to yourself! You learn to pay attention and become more aware. You develop and experience personal growth on so many levels. You start to value, respect, believe, and trust in yourself; that is a HUGE step!
Telling . . . Gathering . . . Living . . . (Photos by RSheridan)
#6 – Gather Your Tribe
Be around the people who get you and value who you truly are! The communication, the interaction and the connection.Be around the people that love and support you! Love yourself and love your greatest someones. Gaining life experiences and making lifelong memories!
Remember – You Make Yourself and Your Whole Being Happy! Embrace Your Authentic Self. Make Time For the Relationship With Yourself. Love to Hear Your Thoughts, Please Share.