Can Be Okay
I wish someone would have told me in my 20’s that being lost and not having “it” figured out can be okay!
My 20’s were a major personal growth period for me. I did a good amount of starting and stopping and switching directions. When you are lost you are wandering and exploring. When you are lost you are getting curious and trying to figure it out. When you are lost you are finding out who you are and where you are!
You are . . .
- Gaining and losing friendships and relationships.
- Working and at times paycheck to paycheck.
- Attending college and forming a career.
- Looking for stability and security.
- Finding your place in the bigger world and making something of your life.
You try to keep up with the adjustments and changes! There are shifts and transitions. You get curious, explore and find the things that work best for you!
There are times I think to myself is “abc” or “xyz” going to click! When will it start? Will it happen or not? Sometimes it feels like a 500 piece puzzle with one piece missing!
You take it one piece at a time!
- What are you interested in?
- What do you like or even love that lights you up and makes you happy?
- Where do you want to spend your time and energy?
- Are you intellectual or creative or a mixed bag?
- What really drives you and gives you fulfillment?
Here are great reminders for everybody at any age!
- Ask questions.
- Accept the compliments, the constructive feedback and the successes.
- Ask for help.
- Accept the help when it is offered.
(Photos by RSheridan)