What creative things do you do to get out of your head?
My top two creatives are photography and writing. I also like to get my exercise on, especially in nature.
Sometimes we become one-dimensional! We many even start associating ourselves to one identity (i.e. work, parent, student, etc.). That is okay, however; most of us are more than one identity in the lives we live each and every day. Whatever you call it you may be in a bit of a rut!
Time to shift and re-engage! Carve out some “me” time and do something creative, playful and fun for a change of pace. It gets you out of your thinking head space too!
It is sometimes the simplest and smallest things that can get you out of your own head too!
(Photos by RSheridan)
Carve Out Time to Get Your Creative On! Love to Hear What You Do, Please Share.
7 Comments | tags: Being, Creating, Experiencing, Exploring, Life | posted in CravesLife
There is a difference between being selfish and having self worth!
“It’s Not Selfish To Love Yourself,
Take Care of Yourself,
and To Make Your Happiness a Priority.
It’s Necessary.”~Mandy Hale
- Communicating and interacting with your self.
- Connecting and loving your self.
- Being kind and compassionate to your self.
- Being caring and nurturing to your self.
- Tuning and tapping in to your emotions, feelings and thoughts.
- Transitioning and transforming yourself by embracing, changing and accepting yourself.
Basically practicing each and every day to progress your whole being!
Think for a moment how you personalize yourself and your space! Do you project that personalization from within to your outer world? Does it promote you and your self worth, especially in what you value and what matters to you? By making the time for your whole being you value yourself and you can and will continue to build a solid foundation to live your life!
- What are you dreaming about?
- What are you desiring?
- What are you creating?
- What are you deserving of?
Everything you do for you adds to your worth and how you value your whole being! Learning, experiencing growth and gaining life experiences. Doing what you are passionate about and love to do. Being open to the possibilities and receiving them. That creates a life of abundance!
Get to know who you are and love yourself wholly! Nourishing and nurturing. Loving and caring. Communicating, interacting and connecting. You become your own inspirer and motivator as well as encourager and supporter!
You learn to promote your worth and value from within yourself! Being aware of your behaviors and habits. Being mindful of your attitude and ego. Really value your worth of self!
- Checking in with yourself and your needs.
- Really asking yourself what you want and desire.
- Being mindful of how you want to be treated.
- Creating those boundaries to value your space.
- Coming from a place of love to put your fears on the down low.
- Finding the inspiration, motivation and passion in living your life.
You can . . . You will . . . You do for you!
Another side of promoting is to be around the people that get you! Someone you can share with. Someone that encourages and supports. Someone that is receiving and giving. Be there for each other no matter what!
I picture that team huddle in my head to get pumped up, inspired and motived to get out there and give it my all! It is empowering and gives me a boost of strength. It is creating that community of support. It is expanding in stretching your comfort zone to try new things and to gain new experiences!
(Photos by RSheridan)
What Are You Doing To Add Value To Your Worthy Self? Love to Hear, Please Share!
2 Comments | tags: Experiencing, Life, Living, Loving, Value, Worth | posted in CravesLife
Spark Your Creativity
You know that creative being is inside you, right! Most of us have a need to create. You know you want to color outside the lines and think outside the box!
How to get motivated and let the creative juices just flow?
Inspiration and motivation is two-fold with creativity. When we lack inspiration and motivation it may be a sign to get the creative juices flowing and get out of the normal routine. Then we need inspiration and motivation to be creative. It is all part of the creative process.
Where to Start!
- Try something new.
- Up for a Little Challenge – Try something you do not think you are very good at.
- Get curious and explore lots of different things.
- Learn, learn, learn lots of different things.
- Journal and write.
- Read and color.
- Cook and bake.
- Photography or painting.
- A picture, a motivational quote or an inspirational story.
- Get out into nature.
- Be around other creative beings.
- Play music and dance.
- Meditating or letting your mind wander.
Another key piece of the creative process is to let the creativity go and let it evolve! Focus on the process at hand. Express your whole self. Just envision, innovate and create!
Love and enjoy the process of creating! Take pleasure and joy from creating and let it inspire and motivate your whole being. Be proud of what you create because it is an expression of you. Most of all do it because you love it!
What Is Your Creative Inspiration? What Are You Creating? Love to Hear, Please Share!
11 Comments | tags: Creativity, Inspiration, Life, Love, Motivation, Self Expression | posted in CravesLife
Being . . . Flowing . . . Rolling . . .
Drumroll please . . .
- Doing more of what I love.
- Embracing the journey and
- Knowing I am right where I need to be.
- Continuing on the journey of self.
- Coming from a place of love by following my heart.
- Learning to appreciate the challenges to “Discover My Strong”.
- Discovering myself to improve and become the best version of myself.
- Practicing to process in order to progress.
- Knowing that I do not have to have it all figured out to keep moving ahead.
- Accepting change by learning to go with the flow.
“It’s easier for you to let go of things when they fall apart because you know better things are falling into place.”~Shannon Kaiser
My Top 10 for 2016 is going to keep me focused and motivated throughout the year! Every opportunity is a learning lesson to help me grow and gain experiences. I am going to go with the flow by learning to dance. 123, 321 – Every step back is another step forward!
Starting . . . Going . . . Shifting . . . (Photos by RSheridan)
If 2015 taught me anything it was to learn how to reset and to keep practicing! Adjust . . . change . . . transition . . . Embracing who I am to become the best version of myself!
What Are You Doing for You? Love to Hear, Please Share!
8 Comments | tags: Acceptance, Growth, Life, Living, Love, Practicing | posted in CravesLife
A Solid Foundation
In building a solid foundation as well as a sound practice for yourself you can experience growth by learning, developing and gaining experiences!
Ask yourself these two questions!
- What is important to you?
- What do you care about?
To Grow From
Do you take the time to ask yourself questions about who you are and where you are at in living your life! How about the questions you have avoided asking yourself? The questions we ask ourselves are some times more important than the answers!
- When do I feel like my best self?
- What do I value most in myself?
- What do I do for myself that provides me with love and support?
- When do I feel calm, balance and peace?
- What do I do most naturally?
Asking good, strong questions is key in discovering more about yourself! You take on the responsibility and the accountability. You give yourself permission, especially to love and support yourself!
- Asking yourself questions is a freeing process, especially in releasing and letting go of what is no longer working or serving your best interests!
- Asking yourself questions is a healing process, especially in determining what you want, crave and need!
- Asking yourself questions is an actionable process, especially when you start seeing results, successes and milestones!
(Photos by RSheridan)
Are You Questioning? Are You Listening? Are You Building A Solid Foundation By Practicing, Learning and Growing? Love to Hear, Please Share!
2 Comments | tags: Accepting, Building, Growing, Life, Living, Loving, Questioning | posted in CravesLife
In Holding Yourself Back
On this journey of self I still find it amazing what stops me in my tracks and sets me a few steps back! Almost feel like a child again in trouble learning a lesson the hard way!
The “over” everything and anything was stuck on hamster wheel doing 90 mph and going nowhere fast! Who wants to be trapped and stuck!
Do away with those self sabotaging behaviors and get out of your own way! It is a process that has to be practiced and learned over and over again as well as over time. I need to do what works best for me!
- Practice to progress and grow.
- Learn to develop and experience.
- Nurture happiness and nourish healthiness.
- Step out of your comfort zone and stretch.
- Love and support yourself.
I did a reset for myself in 2015! I felt myself settling and not in a good way. I kept having all these “un” words pop in my head! I was starting to lower my expectations and not care about certain things in my life. I needed to start creating the life I loved and experiencing the new again!
The biggest lesson was in getting to the heart of the matter for my whole being! Getting out of my head and listening to my heart. Setting the fears aside and coming from a place of love. Believing and trusting in myself again. Being true to who I am and going after what I love!
I needed to change direction and go down a different path! I needed to be a happier and healthier being. I have not looked back!
(Photos by RSheridan)
Here’s To Moving Forward With Your Eye On What You Want! Love to Hear Your Thoughts, Please Share!
8 Comments | tags: Accepting, Growing, Journeying, Life, Living, Loving | posted in CravesLife
Discovering Your Destiny
Each and every one of us has our own destiny and life path! You need to be open to the possibilities and opportunities to experience what life has to offer to you. You will learn along the way to experience personal growth. You have to find the map and learn to navigate to discover your path!
“Don’t get too comfortable on any single road. Your job is direction, not route.”~Jedidiah Jenkins
Discovering . . .
You need to get curious! This will help you be open and mindful in going after what you want.This will help you find your gifts and talents. This will help you discover what you are passionate about and love to do!
You are the one in control in taking charge of your destiny! You make the decisions and choices every day. Especially the ones that are best for you! The ones that stay true to who you are and where you want to be (i.e. beliefs, values, goals, successes, etc.).
You need to follow your life path, journey along and discover you! Find that inspiration and motivation. Discover that passion and love. Use your time and energy to your best advantage!
Journey Along . . . (Photos by RSheridan)
Here’s to Leaping Down Your Path Today! Love to Hear Your Thoughts, Please Share!
8 Comments | tags: Growth, Journey, Life, Living, Love | posted in CravesLife
Your Love Life
Over the past few months I have really delved into the heart of the matter!
- Discovering my passions.
- Coming from a place of love.
- Following my heart.
- Giving from the heart.
- Following my path.
- Journeying along.
- Creating my story.
- Doing more of what I love to do!
Yes making money and getting ahead is great! Yes attaining status and financial success is rewarding.
For me lately when I live and love from my heart am I truly happy! Pleasure and health. Fulfillment and joy. I communicate, interact and connect with my whole being in discovering my passions and strengths!
It is exciting and energizing! The inspiration and creativity. The possibilities and opportunities! The collaboration and connection. It is actionable, impactful and most of all powerful!
The sharing of your gifts and talents with yourself and others! You interact and connect to others. It is motivating. The power of one becomes many people working together to build relationships and form a sense of community!
You realize your potential and strengths! The learning and developing. You realize your passions and what you love to do! The growing and experiencing. You go after what you want and desire!
The nurturing and nourishing of my whole being is a true blessing that I am grateful for! It helps me delve deeper within myself to learn more about who I am. It makes me want to reach out to share with others and learn more about them. The love, belief and trust I have in myself is such an intimate and bonding experience with my whole being! Then taking that one step further to communicate, interact and connect with others is a whole new experience in love and trust. The building of a relationship and bonding with another person is a true act of giving from the heart!
(Photos by RSheridan)
Are You Getting to the Heart of the Matter? Love to Hear, Please Share!
Leave a comment | tags: Giving, Life, Living, Loving, Sharing | posted in CravesLife
The act of practicing as well as maintaining gratitude!
- How do you place the hurt, the angry and at times the hate on the down low?
- How do you find the love and kindness as well as the support and compassion?
- How do you change your mindset from temporary to practicing gratitude?
- How does one be thankful for the good, the bad and the ugly?
DO NOT Burst Your Own Bubble(s)!
It is hard to see the possibilities and opportunities through the challenges! Finding the optimism and being resilient versus making complaints and excuses. It is not easy to see the good when you are experiencing the bad, the negative and the worst!
Think about . . . is it happening to you or for you?
- To practice and improve.
- To learn and develop.
- To strengthen and support.
- To grow and experience.
Do you still have the power even if it is something out of your control?
I hope to think so! To make those decisions and choices even if it means releasing, letting go and moving in a different direction. To change perspective to see it from all sides. To change mindset to process and work through it. You can a) accept and embrace it for what it is, b) change it or c) leave it!
We have no control over what life throws at us, but we get to make the decision on how to react to it! Hang tight and hold on!
The World Is Out There Waiting . . . Grab It & GO!!!
What Do You Need?
I find gratitude to be a great inspirer, motivator and energizer!
- It pushes me to look for the good and the positive instead of the bad and the negative.
- It pulls me to come from my heart and get out of my head.
- It tunes me into my emotions, feelings and thoughts.
- It taps me into nurturing and nourishing myself and my whole being.
- It makes me more appreciative of how I live my life and with what I have in my life too.
Taking Care of the WHOLE BEING . . .
What Works Best for You?
Do you think practicing gratitude makes you a happier as well as healthier whole being?
- Mindful Optimism
- Positive Thinking
- Open Mindset
- Being Grateful and Thankful
- Self Love and Sharing that Love
- Sense of Well Being
- Rest and Relaxation
Ask yourself what you want to attract more of in your life?
- Being more aware and present.
- Finding your calm and balanced self.
- Making mistakes to strengthen weaknesses and experience growth.
- Learning and developing.
- Discovering your path and journeying on!
- Practicing gratitude as well as forgiveness.
- Believing and trusting in yourself and who you are.
- Discovering your strong!
- Cultivating patience to practice to progress.
- Dreaming . . . Going for what you want and LOVE!
Get Out There!!! (Photos by RSheridan)
Adventure On! Here’s to Gaining Life Experiences and Making Lifetime Memories!
9 Comments | tags: Attraction, Being, Gratitude, Life, Living, Love, Practicing | posted in CravesLife
I recently read an article by Eric Zimmer titled “The Surprising “Good” Habit That Could Be Holding You Back”.
- There is positive thinking. There is optimism.
- There is negative thinking. There is pessimism.
- There is realism.
- There is black and white. There are gray areas.
- There is the big picture. There are the details.
“The pessimist complains about the wind, the optimist thinks that it will change, and the realist adjusts the sails.” ~Oliver Burkeman
Zimmer talks about there being a middle ground that he calls constructive thinking! Strategic thinking. Then look for the actionable opportunity to change it! He talks about acknowledging the potential for things to go wrong in order to strategize a solution.
I like it! Do I focus only on the positive in a negative situation? Do I weigh only the pros and not the cons in dealing with situation? I find it hard to find that balance at times.
I find at times releasing “this stuff sucks” stress relieving! It is natural to be anxious and tense. It is natural to worry and have fears. Is it better to deal with it, dwell on it, bottle it up, etc.?
I find myself going into problem solving mode and at times that involves making lists to come up with solutions! How does this affect me or not? It is about perception and interpretation. How does this affect my quality of life? Some times focusing only on the negative or only on the positive just keeps you stuck!
Do you approach it one way or can it be approached in a combination of ways? For instance, looking at the gray areas of the big picture while having inclinations toward the positive.
It is thinking about the best strategy that works best for you! If you deny or deceive yourself will you have the chance to find your way out of the situation to move forward again. For example, you are faced with a wall. Do you go around it or over it? OR Do you just go through it?
“It’s not always easy to find this perspective in life, but it is always valuable.
When the next storm hits your life, adjust your sails, and you’ll have a much better chance of making it through.” ~Andrew Zimmer
(Photos by RSheridan)
Love to Hear Your Thoughts, Please Share!
4 Comments | tags: Accepting, Life, Living, Releasing, Solving, Strategizing, Thinking | posted in CravesLife