The Benefits of Mindfulness
- Do you find that you are not 100% there when you have a task at hand?
- Do you find yourself doing the task 50/50?
- Do you think about “having more time”?
- Do you find yourself just responding and reacting?
What are you thinking about? What is on your mind and taking over your brain?
In being distracted you miss information and it slows you down! You are working harder not smarter. You are wasting precious energy and time. You start doubting yourself and your abilities!
- Are we focusing and retaining the information?
- Are we really listening or just hearing what we want to hear?
- Are we present and aware?
- Are we paying attention to all the possibilities and opportunities?
This creates miscommunication and misunderstanding at times! We need to really listen and learn from within ourselves as well as from others around us. Not reacting and taking it personal! We need to communicate, interact and connect more fully with ourselves and others. That mindful attention and awareness!
Practicing can . . .
- Improve your memory and focus.
- Tune you into your emotions, thoughts and feelings.
- Reduce stress as well as anxiety and tension.
- Give you a sense of awareness.
- Help you communicate, interact and connect better.
The piece I struggle with in practicing mindfulness is in changing my mindset! The ego and the attitude. The expectations and the judgments. The preconceptions and the prejudices. How do you practice and integrate an open mindset where you see the good and the positive?
That type of clarity makes us more productive! To cope and handle it. That type of of calmness and balance makes us more progressive! To self monitor and to deal with it in a good and positive manner.