Whole Well Being That Is!
I am not sure if I started on a journey or one heck of an adventure back in mid-November! I had been a gym member for many years. However, it was no longer serving my best interests. I needed a change and found one that I fell head over heels in love with!
I enjoy the studio I go to. When I first started I did not think I would survive the first 50-minute class. I persevered and have been keeping my practice up for 8 months now. I find a good combo between challenging myself and having fun doing it!
The one major lesson I learned back in 2012 that still sticks with me today is that EVERYTHING is CONNECTED!
- Your health, wellness and happiness.
- Your body in general has to work together to become one in motion and movement.
- Your mind, body and spirit.
- Your inner being to your outer being.
- Making time for you and your whole being.
Practicing . . .
I am progressing in my practice. Learning to focus on the form more versus just going through the motions. Learning to embrace poses and accept that it challenges my body in a good way. Learning how to breathe better while exercising. Not only am I discovering my strong I am finding my sense of balance again!
Positioning . . .
The biggest change I have seen in myself is being able to properly position myself! Desk jockeying to mat work to walking and biking and everything in between. The ability to breathe easier, not crunching into your spine, being able to twist, rotate and pivot better and more fully, etc. Proper posture has so many added benefits!
Powering . . .
You learn how to power to perform and utilize your energies too! All that sitting makes your hip flexors short and tight and your glutes are limited in range of motion and may even weaken. Then your legs, hips and lower back take over and take the brunt. Think better blood flow too!
In looking back I think about all the hours and sweat I put into exercising and feeling at times the results were hit and miss. It is hard to explain the transformation unless you experience it. I went from sweating and burning to more focused in on motion, movement and breathing. I found I was more connected and that meant a more meaningful workout session. I also found compassion for myself and relaxation and rest for my whole being too!
For me it is about how I feel instead of look when it comes to my whole well being! Activating and engaging to a deeper and stronger mind body connection. All that bridging, working out on all fours and even squatting and planking. Stretching, increasing range of motion and of course balance (repeat what you did on the right-side on the left-side). It does a whole well being GOOD!
(Photos by RSheridan)
What Are You Doing for Your Whole Well Being? Love to Hear, Please Share!
Creating Comfort For You
How do you go about creating a cozy spot for you? Are you in the process of creating a cozy spot? or Do you already have one?
From clean and crisp to homey and stuff. From neutral to pops of color and everything in between. From symmetry to creative to everything in between. From calm to vibrancy.
From what you love and makes you feel good. From what you actually use. From the trends to making your own style. From what makes you happy and brings you joy.
For comfort and/or healing. For relaxation and rest. For release and to let go. For yourself to be.
Adding In the Comfort Essentials
How do you add in the comfort? What are your top essentials for comfort?
- Music (i.e. music player, instrument, music box, etc.)
- Softness (i.e. blankets, rugs, curtains, etc.)
- Lighting (lamps, candles, natural and adjustable lighting, etc.)
- Reading materials (books, magazines, journals, etc.)
- Cushion (floor cushions, throw pillows, ottomans, etc.)
- Bold Statements (think makes you happy and makes you feel good and gives you joy)
- Fauna and Flora
- Artistic and Creative (i.e. artwork, paint, pops of color, etc.)
- Mirror and Metallic (adds depth)
- Storage (clear up a bit of the clutter)
- Texture (adds warmth along with depth)
Find your energy along with the space’s energy! Items that make your space livable and add that lived in feeling. Remember to switch up your space from time to time to keep if fresh and inviting!
I have a few cozy spots I gravitate to.
- Being in the kitchen cooking and experimenting.
- Curling up in my favorite cozy spot with a great mystery.
- Adding the extras to my bike to make it a comfort ride for my whole being.
I love adding in . . .
- My photographs throughout my home.
- The creative and unique along with pops of color and metallics.
- Pillows and blankets.
- Good lighting and how it does your whole being good.
(Photos by RSheridan)
Love to Hear About Your Comfortable, Cozy Spot. Please Share.
To Major [Insert Your Name]
Do you think in terms of empowerment when it comes to your overall BEing?
- Being True to Who You Are.
- Loving You for YOU.
- Stretching Your Comfort Zone.
- Getting Creative.
- Finding Your Fitness Go To’s aka Loves and Passions.
- Making the Space You Need for YOU.
- Experiencing . . . for growth, to live fully, to make memories . . .
LIMITLESS . . . ENDLESS . . .
Ground Control to Major Tom
Take your protein pills and put your helmet on
Ground Control to Major Tom (Ten, nine, eight, seven, six)
Commencing countdown, engines on (Five, four, three, two)
Check ignition and may God’s love be with you (Two, one, liftoff)
This is Ground Control to Major Tom
You’ve really made the grade
And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear
Now it’s time to leave the capsule if you dare
This is Major Tom to Ground Control
I’m stepping through the door
And I’m floating in the most peculiar way
And the stars look very different today ~ Space Oddity – Bowie
One BIG WORLD to Explore & Experience . . .
Talk about a mood and confidence booster! Find that inspiration and motivation. Believe in you and encourage yourself. Really value and trust in yourself to make the best decision and choices for you!
SOAR . . . (Photos by RSheridan)
Love To Hear Your Thoughts, Please Share.
“Words of Wisdom”
I recently read an article about letting things be! I know I have discussed releasing and letting go on my blog. However, this got me thinking. There is a difference when it comes to “letting go” versus “letting be”!
- Letting be versus fixing.
- Loosening versus eliminating.
- Easing versus “over” . . .
- Simplifying versus complicating.
In letting things be you create space to respond and/or react to what is happening to you. Also, to what is going on around you. To actively listen in order to connect to yourself in how you receive and respond to yourself as well as others.
- Do you have control?
- Do you have a choice?
At the heart of it though is creating that space you need for you!
Think about tuning into your comfort levels too!
- To love you for you through kindness, care and compassion.
- To let yourself be who you are.
- To be and do for you.
- To take time to relax and rest.
- To make time for you and your needs.
(Photos by RSheridan)
You may be surprised in what you discover about yourself! Love to Hear Your Thoughts, Please Share.
Physically and Mentally
Do you believe in the correlation between your physical strength and your mental strength?
I do! I find that tapping into my physical strength means tuning into my mental strength. Also, tuning into my emotions, feelings and thoughts. I communicate and connect better to myself as well as at times to others too!
Then there is that realization of what your body can truly do when you put your mind to it too! Through your overall strength you find confidence and comfort. Safety and security. You may surprise yourself by taking a “I cannot do this.” to “I CAN do this!”.
Through your practicing you find your flexibility and adaptability.
- You may find joy and pleasure in discovering what you like to do.
- You may find a playfulness to have fun doing what you like to do.
- You may find inspiration in looking forward to something and motivation in what excites you.
- You may find passion and creativeness in tapping into your potential, talents and gifts.
Through your abilities you find your determination and drive! You may even fall in love with your whole body too. You are changing and transforming for the better!
When you appreciate what your body can do you start to enjoy the practice. You take an interest and challenge yourself. You stretch yourself to try a little harder. You may even try new things to see what you like to do!
(Photos by RSheridan)
Here’s to Discovering Your STRONG!!!