What have you been up to while at home?
- Living room, patio and/or backyard picnics. Is there anything better than picnic foods (i.e. cold fried chicken, bubbles, dessert, etc.). Make yourself comfy and ready to lazy about!
- Finding some much needed zen or at least some R&R! Look for ways to unwind, calm down and find some quiet time. Yoga to meditation. Comfy pillows to cozy blankets. Curling up with a great book.
- Spruce up or add the natural to you interior and exterior spaces. House plants to gardening. Photos to art. Pops of color to the sounds of nature.
- Getting out into the Great Outdoors. Nature can be healing, freeing and relaxing.
I have seen a lot of home renovations going on! A new coat of paint, new fauna and flora, upping the patio scene, etc. Nothing better than a refresh to make the home front sweeter!
- Make a Meal Together. I really love this one. Pizza making from the dough to the fixins to baking and eating. Italian in making your own pasta or a lasagna. Making a taco bar. The possibilities are endless!
- Set the Table. In making a meal together go ahead and set the table. Add the tablecloth, arrangements, candles, etc. Just have FUN with it!
- Game Night is making a strong comeback!
- A Bar Night In. I like this one and how much fun. Start with apps and drinks in the kitchen. Move to popcorn and candy in the living room. Take it outside. ‘Clink’ Cheers!!!
- Spa Day/Night. Facial treatments to foot soaks to manis and pedis. Just give me my pajamas and I would be set!
Just doing away with technology for a good 15-to-30 minutes and maybe even an hour! With all of us living in the virtual sometimes you need to break away from it all. It is good to disconnect to recharge!
- Crafting and Creating. Think outside the box and get the creative on for a change of pace.
- Starting a new project to trying something NEW! It is important to have something to look forward to and to get excited about to break up the repeat and routine. Talk about motivation.
- Journaling and Writing. Writers’ retreat with short stories. Reflection and Gratitude.
- Reading. I think a good majority of us have a reading list.
I am sure some of you are wondering about the next real escape and maybe dare to start planning it out! From real travel to arm chair traveling to staycations what is not to love. There is nothing better than sharing experiences!
October 7th, 2020 at 12:42 PM
These are all great suggestions. Randy and I eat on our patio every weekend. Set up the card table. Layer a vintage tablecloth atop and then wait for him to finish grilling. Love. And we add a string of lights for ambiance.
October 8th, 2020 at 8:21 AM
Ahhhh how nice and romantic too 🙂 Happy Day – Enjoy!