Adding It To My Practice
I had that aha! moment! I get wrapped up in the needs throughout my work day that I forget to do for myself. I need to make time to nourish and nurture my whole well being!
I have recently added bookending to my daily practice. Basically for me it means taking 15-to-30 minutes for me, myself and I at the beginning as well as the end of my day. I can set an actionable plan for the day and then put a close to it at the end of my day. I usually end my day with a good book in my hands!
Bookending helps you focus by giving you clarity throughout the day! You may learn how to better develop your concentration. You may feel more productive and less stressed out. You may feel that you communicate and engage at a higher level. You may feel that you are paying attention more to what is good for you!
I try to have a pen and pad of paper at hand!
- To write out a to do list.
- To write down some reflections and maybe even frustrations.
- To write down distractions and interruptions to remain focused on the task at hand.
It clears your mind and just gets rid of the clutter, noise, etc.!
Do you catch yourself ruminating? Then write it out to get it out of your head!
- It can help create calm to settle things down.
- It can help create balance to smooth things out.
- It can help you use your time and energies more efficiently and effectively.
Talk about a freeing experience!
Remember to break up your day too!
- Focus on the here and now.
- Go for a walk, take a lunch break, etc.
- Connect with others.
- Get mindful and present.
- Pausing, closing your eyes and just breathing.
Think about your sanctuary place and go there either visually or physically!
- Your greatest someones.
- Where you heart is.
- A place of nourishment for you and your whole well being.
- Your favorite place.
Really tune into what you bring into that space! What is speaking to you. Truly put yourself on silent mode and relax!