How about setting a bell to go off throughout the day for a little recess time to play, laugh and/or have some fun time?
I get out and about in the community I live in and pick up on some interesting things going on. I was on a bike ride and heard laughter in the park I biked past. There was a group of people gathered just laughing. Then I was walking past a school and it was recess time. I heard the teacher state to the kids, “I did not state to sit down, but run, run to burn off the energy”. Ha!
Playing is a great release, especially for adults! Put down the work and just play. Create. Try new things. Get curious and explore. Go on an adventure!
Find you inner kid! Kids play hard and really immerse themselves in their play. To feel that overwhelming fun that brings one joy and happiness. To have an ounce of that kid energy!
It is so not a waste of time! Take a break from the doing and the busyness. Your tiredness may just find a second wind in taking time to play!
- It is freeing, releasing and re-energizing.
- It is a sense of belonging when play involves the community you live in.
- It is a release of mental energy in getting out of your head and physically moving your body for a change of pace.
- It is tapping into our best selves by having fun and being fun and social around others again.
- The BEST is it just makes your day, puts a smile on your face and a skip in your step!
I love going on adventures, riding my bicycle and recently got the trivia bug again. I enjoy taking an evening walk around my neighborhood to see who is out and about and what is going on.