What Do You Truly Think
Yes, I am GOING THERE! Let’s have an honest and open conversation about happiness. Is it achievable, it is all that fluff, it is unattainable, etc. The books I have read on happiness had me finding it or trying to achieve it or pursue it. I even went so far as to stalk it a few times!
The reason I called this post “All That Fluff” is because happiness to me is sometimes like cotton candy!
- You CRAVE It.
- It Comes in a PRETTY Package.
- You are EXCITED to have it.
- It Makes You HAPPY and BRINGS You Joy and Pleasure.
- Before You Can Blink it is ALL GONE!
Some days I cannot find the “happi” in happiness!
I start thinking and asking questions. For instance . . .
- Is it self gratification vs. instant gratification?
- Is it about wants and needs?
- Is it about fulfillment and purpose?
- Is it about beliefs and values as well as perceptions and insights?
- Is it about communication, interaction and connection?
- Is it about finding that balance and stability mentally, emotionally, physically, and spiritually?
- Is it about your whole, well being?
I like to believe that happiness comes from a personal level and not a materialistic level! I like to think that all these questions play a part! I want to discover my sense of self, especially in living from within. I need that sense of belonging, sense of community and sense of purpose, especially in living my life to the fullest.
I also know it is not all about me! That I am part of something bigger too! It is about tapping into my values and what matters to me. It is about being open in my perceptions and learning to adapt. It is about really connecting on many levels!
One BIG World (Photos by RSheridan)