To Your Whole Being
When you make the time to go within yourself where does your focus go?
- What speaks to you? The mind, body or spirit?
- Does the left-side or right-side of the brain or both sides kick in?
- Are you one part or a sum of all parts with your whole being?
The left side of the brain controls the right side of the body. The right side of the brain controls the left side of the body. The left side of the brain helps us perform tasks that have to do with logic whereas the right side of the brain taps into the creative side.
Left Side vs. Right Side
I know for me when I am questioning I usually engage the left side of my brain to think logical. I tend to look at the micro and get stuck in the details. However, I am discovering a fun approach by engaging the right side of my brain to engage my creative side. I need to focus in on the macro at times and really see the big picture.
How does one engage the right side of their brain? By thinking outside the box and coloring outside the lines. Journaling, coloring, doodling, etc. There is something about taking a creative approach to decision making, problem solving, finding opportunities, etc.!
Being . . .
It is about being with less doing and engaging the whole being! Nuturing and cultivating all aspects of your being. Nourishing and motivating all aspects of your being. Tuning and tapping into your needs for your whole being!
“We are all already winners of the overdoing award. We need to start winning the over-being award.”~Michael Taylor
Let’s face it we could be busy doing all day long and sometimes all that doing feels like an act of getting nothing done!
- Think about using your energies efficently to be effective.
- Think about being more to catch your breath and come up for some much needed air.
- Think about your health and happiness.
- Think about creating a space for yourself to be one with your whole being.
- Think about making time to relax and rest.
Really think about how you want to spend your time and energies in living your life each and every day!
Creating . . . Reflecting . . . Being . . .
Prioritizing . . .
Ask Yourself . . .
- What is your 1st priority when you start your day?
- What is the 1 thing you want to DO today?
- What is the 1 thing you want to BE today?
- Do you make the time at the end of the day to release and let go?
Do you wish to wake naturally by the light of the day versus the alarm clock. What would your “utopian” morning be like? Relaxing, exercising, meditating, reading, etc. Talk about starting the day with a mindful and present mind set!
Do you wish that when your head hits the pillow at night you are fast asleep. Do you detox from technology before going to bed? Creating that space to relax and then rest for the night. Imagine the reboot to reenergize yourself in a more natural way then loading up on caffeine and sugar to start the day.
Try starting and ending your day with a little creativity! Think about how you are filling your mind. Think about how you are filling your heart. Think about how you are using your energy, especially the creative, to charge up and release throughout the day!
Drawing a Line in the Sand (Photos by RSheridan)
How Are You Stimulating and Activating Your Whole Being Today? What Are You Putting FIRST? Love to Hear, Please Share!