Finding “IT” . . .
Connection versus Disconnection
A Sense of Belonging versus Isolation
How does one be a “social being” in a technological advancing world? To communicate and interact. To connect and engage. To find a common ground.
Where does that balance come into play between interactions with technology versus face-to-face? Balancing the real world with the virtual world.
I have been hearing a few buzz words lately that peaked my curiosity. Emotional intelligence, positivity, empathy, etc. I am curious. What do these words mean to you?
In one way I find it a little old school and in another way I am glad it is being brought to the forefront again. It got me thinking about finding that happy medium between face-to-face versus tech interactions. How does one find “it”! Especially with technology at our fingertips!
- Are we time saving or time wasting?
- Do you think we need to tune into and tap into our emotional intelligence, positivity and empathy?
Especially when it comes to those artificial intelligence interactions!
I also see it as a way to perceive and look at all sides! To try and take the judgement and bias out of it. To gain a deeper understanding. To better inform your responses and actions!
Empathy is a way to identify with different types of people. Communicating, interacting and even connecting with others, our communities and with the world around us. Being open and cultivating understanding. Taking the time to listen with those conversations and interactions with others.
- Listening, observing, focusing.
- Being patient.
- Asking questions to gain insight.
- Opening the dialogue to improve communication and connection.
- Making an environment more warm and welcoming as well as comfortable and relaxed.
- Problem solving and decision making.
- Practicing empathy towards others as well as for yourself.