Creating Comfort For You
How do you go about creating a cozy spot for you? Are you in the process of creating a cozy spot? or Do you already have one?
From clean and crisp to homey and stuff. From neutral to pops of color and everything in between. From symmetry to creative to everything in between. From calm to vibrancy.
From what you love and makes you feel good. From what you actually use. From the trends to making your own style. From what makes you happy and brings you joy.
For comfort and/or healing. For relaxation and rest. For release and to let go. For yourself to be.
Adding In the Comfort Essentials
How do you add in the comfort? What are your top essentials for comfort?
- Music (i.e. music player, instrument, music box, etc.)
- Softness (i.e. blankets, rugs, curtains, etc.)
- Lighting (lamps, candles, natural and adjustable lighting, etc.)
- Reading materials (books, magazines, journals, etc.)
- Cushion (floor cushions, throw pillows, ottomans, etc.)
- Bold Statements (think makes you happy and makes you feel good and gives you joy)
- Fauna and Flora
- Artistic and Creative (i.e. artwork, paint, pops of color, etc.)
- Mirror and Metallic (adds depth)
- Storage (clear up a bit of the clutter)
- Texture (adds warmth along with depth)
Find your energy along with the space’s energy! Items that make your space livable and add that lived in feeling. Remember to switch up your space from time to time to keep if fresh and inviting!
I have a few cozy spots I gravitate to.
- Being in the kitchen cooking and experimenting.
- Curling up in my favorite cozy spot with a great mystery.
- Adding the extras to my bike to make it a comfort ride for my whole being.
I love adding in . . .
- My photographs throughout my home.
- The creative and unique along with pops of color and metallics.
- Pillows and blankets.
- Good lighting and how it does your whole being good.