What does resilience mean to you?
- Knowing yourself to handle yourself in situations.
- Practicing . . .
- Learning life’s lessons.
- Gaining life’s experiences.
- Developing and growing.
Practicing . . . Learning . . .
For some resilience seems to come naturally while others seem to need to practice and learn resilience.
- It is not easy to see challenges as opportunities.
- It is not easy to keep a positive mind set.
- It is not easy seeing the gray among the black and white.
- It is not easy seeing the details and the big picture at the same time.
Believing . . . Trusting . . .
Does resilience come from knowing who you are as well as the belief and trust you have in yourself?
I think so! If you cannot trust yourself, who can you trust, right. You have the tools in the toolkit, the mind set and the resources to deal. You have the ability to handle it. Really discover your strong!
You have to exercise your whole being, right!
- Mentally and physically in order for you to think clearly and have that physical ability.
- Relaxation and rest in order to be at your best self.
- Emotionally and spiritually in order for you to have clarity and find your equilibrium.
- Nurture to develop, grow and experience.
- Nourish your wants and whys in what you need, want, crave, and desire.
- Tuning into your emotions, feelings and thoughts.
- Believing, valuing and trusting in yourself.
- Self love and self care.
- Self confidence and self compassion.
Really put yourself to the challenge to become more flexible and versatile! To overcome the unknowns and conquer those fears. To know what you can control and to accept what is out of your control. How to really be open when faced with challenges and changes!
Really be more! To be aware and listening to tune in as well as tune out. To be mindful and in the present moment. To focus on the task at hand. To do what you truly love!
Belonging . . . Loving . . .
Do you think resilience comes from having a sense of meaning and purpose in our lives? Do we really belong to something greater than ourselves?
We all have that innate desire to belong as well as be loved! To find what we love and are passionate about. To discover our talents and gifts. To tune and tap into goodness in general that surrounds each and every one of us!
We look to be part of a team or look for our tribe!
- To trust that you have each other’s back, especially at times when you need that person to help you be resilient.
- Seeing value in others and treating each other how you want to be treated.
- That ability to communicate as well as listen.
- To interact, connect and engage.
- That social aspect of support that gives us happiness and healthiness.
- Knowing your role, especially in how you lead and follow and influence and control.
A major part of that is our greatest someones who love and support us in everything we do!