Located at 2750 Park Trail Lane in Clearwater, Florida.
Hours: Open Thursday through Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Open Sunday 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Closed All City Recognized Holidays.
No pets permitted inside the park with the exception of guide or service dogs.
A 51-acre nature preserve with trails and boardwalks. Mature oaks. Ponds and creeks. Birdlife and wildlife. It is home to several injured birds of prey.
- 1 1/4 mile of natural and boardwalk trails
- 5-acre lake
- 3-acre watershed restoration area
- Picnic shelters
- Bird walks, bird watching tours and workshops
- Guided tours and group hikes
- Night hikes
- Environmental programs and classes
- Nature interpretive center
- Interactive education displays
- Club meeting site for various clubs (check the park’s website for listing of clubs)
- Fireside concert series
- Children’s nature camps
Moccasin Lake Environmental Education Center
A natural retreat in an urban environment setting. A place to explore a small piece of Florida’s natural history. Walk nature trails. Native fauna and flora as well as birdlife (egrets, ospreys, etc.) and wildlife (turtles, gators, butterflies, etc.).
Live Wildlife Exhibits
- Aquatic wildlife (freshwater fish)
- Birds of prey
- Butterfly garden
- Plants; native and poisonous plant displays
- Reptiles and amphibians (turtles, snakes, etc.)
Flora & Fungi
(Photos by RSheridan)