Going Florida Native and WILD!
Myakka River State Park is one of the oldest and largest state parks in Florida. The Myakka River flows through 58 miles of wetlands, prairies, hammocks, and pinelands. The landscape is DIVERSE and you will see the local and native WILDLIFE, especially Gators! 13208 State Road 72 in Sarasota, Florida.
The Green Jungle
The park offers:
- A boardwalk that stretches out over the Upper Myakka Lake.
- A canopy walkway in the treetops.
- Boating, canoeing and kayaking.
- Daily scenic lake tours on airboats.
- Safari tram tours of the park’s backcountry (offered mid-December through May).
- Campgrounds and camping.
The Buzzards – Watch Out!
Scenic Lake Tour
The Early Birds Get the BEST Seats!
Heading Out On the Boat
The Canopy Walkway
Birds A Plenty
Mama Gator with Babies On Her Head
(Photos by RSheridan)