I am going to bring Feng Shui elements into this post. I like looking into the relationship between the physical and the mental when it comes to the whole being. How that communication, interaction and connection takes place within one’s self. The development and growth to better flow and transition with the constant flux of living one’s life!
These elements have a connection to the whole being when it comes to energy and balance! The positive energy and the negative energy. Strengths and Weaknesses; Balance. Nurture and Nourishment. Develop, Growth and Experiences!
The Five Elements
“Each element manifests and radiates energy in the form of Chi.”
Energy of the Elements
- Earth – grants stability to create a strong foundation to build from.
- Fire – enthusiasm and expansionism.
- Metal – mental strength.
- Water – rejuvenates the body and spirit.
- Wood – creative and developing energy.
Earth . . . Wood . . . Water . . .
The Wood element speaks to me and my own personal development and growth; mentally and physically! I am an independent and strong willed individual. I tend to not give in or give up and tend to continue on and keep trying.
For instance, I like checking out trees when in the great outdoors! I look at the roots, the bark, the leaves, etc. I enjoy the cycle from barren to budding to leafing out in shades and hues of green, and the changing of colors! I look at the way the light hits the tree or comes through the leaves. I wonder how many seasons, changes and life cycles the trees have gone through.
I am drawn to the Water elements around me! Water is unpredictable. It can be calm and peaceful and it can be chaotic and raging. I crave water elements when I need to find my calm, collected self! It relaxes me to slow down the pace and even to rest. It refreshes, reenergizes and renews my whole being!
For instance, I love being near water! I enjoy taking a stroll or putting my feet in. I like hearing the sounds that water makes. I like how water changes with light as well as weather.
What I Do For My Whole Being
- Physically – stay active on a daily basis and exercise throughout the week.
- Mentally – stimulate, engage and strengthen my mind through inspiration, creativity and positivity.
- Mentally – learn, challenge, develop, and grow every day.
- Emotionally – communicate, interact, and connect with my feelings, emotions and thoughts.
- Spiritually – nurture and nourish through awareness, mindfulness, appreciation and gratitude.
L-O-V-E (Photos by RSheridan)