I am interested in learning more about chakras from a whole body correlation and connection! The mental energy and the emotional energy can block or affect the physical energy. There needs to be a clearing for clarity and a cleansing for balance. I am not an expert on chakras and this is just my opinions, insights and revelations about chakras.
The 7 Main Energy Centers In The Body, Known as Chakras.
- Root Chakra – sits at the base of the spine, at the tailbone.
- Sacral Chakra – located two inches below the navel.
- Solar Plexus Chakra – located three inches above the navel.
- Heart Chakra – located at the heart.
- Throat Chakra – located at the throat.
- Third Eye Chakra – located in the center of the forehead.
- Crown Chakra – located at the top of the head.
Finding Balance . . .
- Root Chakra – connection, support, safety, grounded.
- Sacral Chakra – committed, creative, passionate, outgoing, ability to take risks.
- Solar Plexus Chakra – self respect, self compassion, control, assertive, confident.
- Heart Chakra – gratitude, compassion, forgiveness, joy, trust, love.
- Throat Chakra – words, communication, expression, listening, truth, honesty.
- Third Eye Chakra – clear, focused, reality vs. fantasy, wisdom, insight.
- Crown Chakra – being and living in the present moment, trusting our inner guidance.
The Lessons . . .
- Root Chakra – self preservation.
- Sacral Chakra – to honor others.
- Solar Plexus Chakra – self acceptance.
- Heart Chakra – I love.
- Throat Chakra – to speak up and let your voice be heard.
- Third Eye Chakra – to see the big picture.
- Crown Chakra – to live mindfully.
“The best way to start balancing the chakras is to start at the Root Chakra and work up to the Crown Chakra.”
On my journey of self I am learning to build a solid foundation to practice and progress from! I started building a solid foundation in my fitness and then continued on to my well being and then my whole being. This is where some of my interest in chakras comes from. The biggest lesson I have learned is that everything is connected!
My energy is an important player and a powerful player in living my life! My physical energy not only gives me strength, but taps into my mental and emotional strengths and weaknesses. Again everything is connected! I am working on releasing and letting go. I am working on cleansing in regards to my energy (i.e. achiness, stiffness, tightness, etc.). I am working on my weaknesses to make those weaknesses stronger and eventually strengths!
I need to find the balance that works BEST for me and my whole being! I need to tune into my imbalances and blocks from within myself and work out. I need to tune into what I am compensating for. Is it over active or under active? I really need to listen to my whole being and its needs! I need to take care of the one body I have been given and do the best I can for my whole being!
I find it interesting that emotional imbalances in the root chakra affect the basic survival needs! The ability to provide for life’s basic needs!
(Photos by RSheridan)