The Process of Forgiving
The process of forgiving starts with yourself! It is not about the other person. It is about being able to forgive yourself in order to move on and move forward once again. New Starts and New Beginnings!
“Holding onto anger is like holding onto a hot coal
with the intent of throwing it at someone else.
You are the one who gets burned.” ~Buddha
The Power of Forgiveness
It is about not feeling like a victim or playing the blame game!
It is about shifting from within and looking inward in forgiving yourself!
- What is this situation trying to teach me?
- What have I learned?
- What has this situation taught me about myself?
It is about discovering the power of forgiveness for yourself! It is about learning more about yourself, especially from within yourself!
It is about being open, honest and true to yourself!
I have learned:
- That there is at least two sides to every story when there is a situation.
- EVERYTHING is connected!
- I have everything I need if I listen to myself, follow my heart and trust myself.
- I need to love myself and my whole being.
- Communicate, listen and repeat. Remember to say what you really mean.
- I need to take responsibility for myself and my actions.
- To not take it personal and know that it is not about me at times.
- I cannot change people period!
- I need to take care of and support myself and my needs.
- It is a process to forgive that needs action and hard work to work through it. There is no easy button!
(Photos by RSheridan)