I think it is perfectly okay to admit when a situation SUCKS! Things will happen that you did not expect or even want to happen. Sometimes these things do not even make any sense either. I know it and you know that IT SUCKS!
To Your Own Rescue – Good Luck!
To Wading Through It
I know I talk about being positive and living the good life! I know I talk about doing what makes you happy and brings you joy. I DO talk about DOING what is BEST for YOU though too! You have to FIND what works for YOU in living YOUR LIFE!!!
I usually ask myself two questions!
- Can I change this or not?
- What can I learn from this?
I think what I am really trying to say is do not beat yourself up when it comes to “This Sucks!” moments! I would rather work through my emotions, feelings and thoughts than just putting on a brave face. You have to help yourself through these moments! You can prod and push as well as tell yourself that you can do this. However, remember to take the time that you need to wade through it too!
I know when I force myself into getting through something and getting it done it usually backfires for me! I just add to my frustration, worry and stress. I start getting pissed off. I also know it causes me to struggle more than I need to and gets me wrapped up or plain stuck in the situation!
I start asking myself if I can change the situation or not! If I can, I try to do so. If I cannot, I work through it and try to move on. Sometimes things happen that are pretty black and white. Other times things happen that are out of my control and at times make no sense either.
Wading In and Hanging On
Learning Lessons and Growth Spurts
I ask myself what I can learn from the situation! I tend to be a questioner when trying to find solutions and compromise in situations. The hardest part for me is practicing patience throughout this process. Sometimes I want an answer and I want it NOW! Then I have to find my calm, collected and compassionate self.
I always seem to find a lesson and an experience in growth!
Watch Out for the Holes!
Searching, Seeking and Surprises!
I know I do not look for the good and the positive as well as the happiness and the joy in a sucky moment! I have learned that not everything SUCKS though and it is just working through the process that SUCKS at times! I really did not ask to wade through one more thing right now. I really did not ask for another learning lesson or growth spurt. Really!
Why Oh Why!
- Sometimes it is meant to be that this is happening in your life and nothing is perfect or perfectly timed.
- Sometimes life just sucker punches you and takes you down a peg. It happens because you need to either step into or step away from your life in these moments. You need to face it head on or take a much needed time out.
- Sometimes it happens and still makes no sense. Then one day it SURPRISES you with the GOOD and the JOY!
- Sometimes the HAPPINESS and JOY come from learning, growing and experiencing.
- Sometimes you just have to have a GOOD LAUGH!
Looking for the Rainbow After It Rains (Photo by RSheridan)