When It Comes to Food and Eating
Do you revert back to childhood as an adult when it comes to food and eating?
- Drink your milk for healthy bones
- Eat your veggies, especially your greens/spinach to grow big and strong.
- Clean your plate or no dessert.
- Do not play with your food, please eat it.
Eating the Greens
I remember moving out on my own and being so excited that I could eat dessert before dinner!
I have learned a few tricks over the years in creating a healthier lifestyle for myself.
- I am listening to my body and what my body needs.
- I take smaller portions or just leave food on my plate.
- I love CRAVING foods and drinks!
- If I sit while I eat, I tend to take my time to eat and enjoy the food and drink.
- If I stand to eat, I eat way too fast, eat way too much and just give myself indigestion or a good case of the hiccups.
- I am so guilty of still eating in front of the boob tube way more than I should.
- I do not count calories.
- I do not restrict; moderation and portion is key.
- I do read nutritional labels and make healthier food choices.
- I do find the good and the positive and the happiness in living my life.
The #1 thing that I can do for myself, my needs and my whole being is to do what works BEST for me! I am learning to be more mindful and more aware of my needs when it comes to health, wellness and fitness. I want to feel my BEST each and every day!
This includes my cravings and temptations for the sweet, salty and savory! My body is trying to tell me something and I need to figure it out. I am a grazer when I am bored. I want the sweet and the salty when I am stressed out. I crave protein when I am tired and low on energy. I think of my cravings as my body’s regulator in getting me balanced again! I am basically trying to dial into the information my body is sending out.
I cannot tolerate dairy all that well and I am so glad there is so many alternatives available now! I actually crave rich in calcium foods like salmon, dark greens and beans. I also try to eat whole foods, like fruits and veggies. I want to fuel and nourish myself and my body with quality, nutritious foods!
I am working on losing weight, but for me it is about nourishing as well as nurturing myself and my whole being! I want to eat better and make healthier choices. I want to take time for myself and get the rest and relaxtion I need. I want to play more and have fun in living my life!
(Photos by RSheridan)