Hang On . . .
Sometimes life is like those Life Savers candies; fruit-flavored and a hard candy with a hole in the middle! The hole has an important role to play. I am learning that I need to throw myself a life saver every once in a while and hang on to the hole, especially in rough waters! Which flavor should I choose this time?
Then there are days where NOTHING sticks with me and EVERYTHING just sticks to me instead! I prefer things to bounce off of me and not stick to me. Life will do that though, sneak up on you and stick it to you!
I usually go on the defensive and get my reactionary on when life gets rough and comes at me! I had one of those Duh! moments recently. I discovered that I have the tools I need already at my disposal and just need to put them into action. These tools are great for sticky situations!
ROUGH Seas Ahead!!!
The 3 Tools You Already Have to Handle What Life Throws at You
- Listening to your intuition.
- Following your heart.
- Trusting in your instincts and gut reactions.
I need to start using those tools when it comes to myself and meeting my needs! Here is why . . .
- In listening to my inner voice I am being guided by my intuition.
- In following my heart I am doing what I love and what I am passionate about.
- In trusting my instincts I am believing in myself.
- It helps me connect to myself and my whole being!
Here are a few other things to consider . . .
- Why continue doing something that does not make you happy and does not make you feel great!
- Why not clean out the emotional house and just declutter the whole place.
- Why not release and let go of what is no longer serving you for your whole being.
- Why not feed into your imagination and creativity!
- Why not get curious and explore again.
I know I have high expectations and I know I want instant gratification at times too! However, expecting it to show up in my life is one thing, but the other thing is not making the space for it. That will start to weigh on me and swallow me up in no time at all! I have to make space as well as make changes and transitions when it comes to living the life I want too. I am just as guilty in adding to what life is already trying to hand me!
I know for me if I just stop or slow down, take a deep breathe and count to 10 my perspective usually changes for the better! Sometimes my attitude even follows right along! I do know when it happened, but I do not know all the reasons why it happened to me. I stopped believing and trusting in myself and that is so not the place to be! I do not want to close myself off like that and WANT so much more when it comes to living the life I want.
Riding the Waves and Going With the Flow (Pictures by RSheridan)