Does a Body GOOD!
I enjoy working out and some of the pleasure of working out comes from being able to stretch out my body, especially releasing the tension and stress!
I do warm up before working out! I do not stretch out when my body is cold though. I am currently recovering from an injury and have to be careful with bending from the waist. Stretching helps me in getting back my overall range of motion, especially with my joints. Stretching also helps increase the blood flow to my muscles, which has been so helpful in my healing process. I am slowly getting back my flexibility and being able to move more freely. I will never take for granted what my body can do for me in living my life!
I am learning that I need to give my body the time it needs to recover from a workout! I am the type of person who is sore (a good soreness too) the second day after a workout. I either work out a different part of my body the next day or wait until after that second day before working out again. I also stretch out during my total body workout too. My body is responding in a good way and changing for the better too!
I am discovering my comfort levels when it comes to stretching out too!
- DOES NOT MEAN PAIN, so STOP and then start again and find that comfortable point.
- DOES NOT MEAN holding the stretch for longer than you can stand it, so hold it for what you can and hold in a gentle place.
- DOES MEAN stretching both side of your body to keep everything balanced and aligned.
- DOES MEAN a gradual process, so take your time in stretching out and your body will respond by improving over time.
- GOOD for the body and mind.
- REMEMBER to stretch throughout the day, especially if you sit or stand for long periods of time.