Old Habits Do Die Hard
I am perfectly fine in derailing myself when it comes to living a healthier lifestyle. I have plenty of excuses lined up and ready to go. I try really hard to stay on track. However, I am human and have had my fair share of lapses. Old Habits Do Die Hard!
You are your worst enemy when it comes to sabatoging your healthier lifestyle. Being supportive to yourself can be a tricky line to toe at times. I have to find my own balance and sense of self-control when it comes to making better choices. Sometimes sabatoge sets in.
My Top 3 Sabatoges
- Negative Self-Talk 0r Unsolicited Advice
I am a foodie and enjoy eating! You can have what you crave in moderation. I love to share with others to avoid overeating, especially a sweet treat. Restrictions do not work for me because that is when the sabatoge really kicks in!
I struggle with being told how to eat, especially when negative self-talk or unsolicited advice comes with it! I am receptive to reminders, but negative comments from myself or another person is not a good thing. I realize those comments are meant to be helpful and supportive, but approach it in a positive way. I revert back to childhood and I am an adult.
STAYING on TRACK!!! (Photo by RSheridan)
3 Questions to Keep Me Moving Forward & On Track
- How am I doing?
- Am I being supportive?
- Do I feel good?
I am still figuring it out, this whole living a healthier lifestyle. I will be the first to tell you I do not have all the answers. I have my lapses, struggles and setbacks when it comes to making better choices. I have my excuses, complaints and negative self-talk to keep me company on this journey. It is a Lifestyle Change & Change is Hard & GOOD!
Here is What I DO Know:
- I do know I am doing it to live longer and hopefully with minimal aches and pains.
- I do know I am doing it because of a family history of heart disease.
- I do know I want to be strong, sexy and certainly look younger than my actual age.
- I do know I have been given this one body and am going to love it and give it my full attention.
- I do know I want to live my life to the fullest and have fun doing it.