Getting Your Blog On!
I have thought about doing this series for a while now. Here is the premise behind this series and basically in a nutshell it is learning about writing from the bloggers who write on a daily, weekly, monthly basis. This will be a 4 part series.
How Did You Get into Writing a Blog?
I have talked about my experience before in previous posts, but I will give a brief recap. I got into writing a blog out of frustration. I know what you are thinking why would you take on something that frustrates you, but it was frustration in a good way; pushed me.
I love to travel and take photos of my travels, but I had no way to combine the two until I heard about blogging. I would upload my photos to a photo sharing site with captions, but other than those captions there was no real content and did not explain the whole travel experience. So that is what frustrated me and moved me into the blogosphere.
What I have learned:
- Start with a blogging platform that is FREE – try it out
- This lesson came as an afterthought after many months of blogging – define a schedule for posts (i.e. once a week, 3 times a month, etc.) – decreases burnout as well as writers’ block in the beginning phases
- Utilize the Tool to Schedule Posts Out (days, weeks, months, etc.) – LOVE It!
- Continue to Update Your Blog (Monthly to Quarterly basis) – keep it fresh and new
- DO NOT Give Up unless you WANT to