The Castle in the Sky and In the Fog! Located on the Central Coast of California near San Simeon. The Hearst Castle is the property of the State of California and is maintained as a State Historic Park. Open for public tours for a fee.
Hearst Castle (Photos by RSheridan)
Interesting Fact: Despite Hearst Castle’s location, it attracts about 1 million visitors per year.
Just Imagine Being a Guest of William Randolph Hearst at Hearst Castle in its heyday in the 20’s and 30’s! I love the style of the 20’s – the way the men and women dressed back then just impresses me. The Hearst Castle was designed by architect Julia Morgan between 1919 and 1947. What a HUGE Undertaking!
Talk About Grand
- 56 Bedrooms
- 61 Bathrooms
- 19 Sitting Rooms (whole lot of sitting)
- 127 acres of Gardens (the gardens and art within the gardens is AMAZING!)
- 1 Indoor Pool (Impressive)
- 1 Outdoor Pool, the Neptune Pool (Double Impressive) rebuilt 3 times
- Tennis Courts
- Movie Theater
- World’s Largest Private Zoo
- Plus during Hearst’s ownership a private power plant supplied electricity
- Casa Grande 60, 645
- Casa del Mar 5, 875
- Casa del Monte 2, 291
- Casa del Sol 2, 604
Misc. Photos from the area around Hearst Castle and San Simeon
(Photos by RSheridan)