Learning . . .
Go For IT (Photo by RSheridan)
I recently was faced with a not so nice encounter. What a Learning Experience though! I am learning, changing and growing and hopefully for the better. One lesson I am learning in particular is knowing when to pick your battles!
Picking Your Battles
- Sometimes you just have to walk away.
- Sometimes you have to be strong and stand your ground.
- Sometimes you just have to be the bigger person.
- Sometimes when Plan A fails, you move on to Plan B.
Easier said than done depending on the situation! Especially when someone (or something) is trying to wear you down and have the last word. It can be frustrating and exhausting as well as emotional and hurtful! You eventually move on, dust yourself off and check it off as a learning lesson.
Lessons I have learned . . .
- Know what pushes your buttons
- Check yourself before taking action or reacting (Count to 10!)
- Watch your tone and overall body language
- Just Listen
- Take responsibility for your actions
- Do Not place the blame on others
- Be true to yourself and take care of yourself
- Be respectful of the other person’s feelings
- Stop and ASK yourself WHY you do the things you do
- Do Not give in to self-imposed guilt; send guilt on a trip far, far away