Escape Without Breaking the Bank!
Do you pinch pennies and save dimes when it comes to traveling?
I caught you, you were looking for spare change just now, right! That is okay though and every little bit helps to escape reality for a while. I think it is important to plan, prioritize and be flexible when it comes to traveling. Who does not want a little change left over in the piggy bank to start planning the next great escape!
The “major expenses” when it comes to traveling are . . .
- How Do I Get There
- How Will I Get Around
- Where Do I Stay
These 3 “major expenses” are usually the biggest chunk of monies you spend when it comes to traveling. So save monies where ever you can when it comes to airfare, transportation and accomodations!
Our Home on Wheels (Photo by RSheridan)
Do you search and search for the best deals out there? Exhaust ALL Resources if necessary.
I enjoy traveling, but do not want to break the piggy bank or go into massive credit card debt doing it! There are some simple things you can do to save money when it comes to traveling. You can keep it on the down low money wise and still have the best time ever!
- Airfare – How would you like to get there and at what cost? Consider time and schedule as well as budget and any additional costs.
- Transportation – Many options available. From road tripping to train to rental car to bus to public transportation. Consider the cost and availablity of the many options.
- Accommodations – The possibilities to choose from are endless. From Resorts to Rentals, Hotels to Motels, RV Parks to Campgrounds, and everything in between. Consider your style and pleasure.
- Food – Plan and budget meals. Eat Out or Eat In. Check out the local grocery stores and markets. Stock up on snacks and drinks.
- Shopping – Tax Free, Yes!
- Attractions – Look for discount coupons or take advantage of discounts for children, students and 50+.
- Rewards – Look into Reward programs or Membership programs, like AAA, Good Sam’s Club, AARP, etc.
- Package Deals – Save money by bundling to get a better discount.
- Bid Your Own Price!
- Avoid the Weekend Prices!
- Travel in the Off Season. Better prices and less crowds.
- Use Social Media, like Groupon or Living Social.
Remember when you use a discount website be aware of any service fees as well as the site’s cancellation policy. Those additional service fees can start to add up! Make sure to read everything even the fine print before hitting the final purchase button.