Gaining On You!
I have thought about doing this series for a while now. Here is the premise behind this series and basically in a nutshell it is learning about writing from the bloggers who write on a daily, weekly, monthly basis. This will be a 4 part series.
How To Gain An Audience
At first I thought 1) I can do this and then 2) is anyone out there and 3) if there is are they reading what I write. I am pretty stubborn, so if I become discouraged or frustrated it just motivates me even more to keep at this whole blogging thing. I really found a passion again with blogging and being able to write creatively. I take the time now to feed that passion and love creative writing.
The key for me in gaining an audience was to become a little more personal by sharing more of myself with my readers and that was tough for me! I thought being the Wizard behind CravesAdventure would work best for me and it really did not. Another blogger encouraged me to really show my personal side. Thanks Erin!
What I have learned:
- Start reading other people’s blogs (Google Blog Search, WordPress, Internet Search on Specific Blogs, etc.)
- Comment on other people’s blogs, start building a connection
- Subscribe to other people’s blogs, start with a few and go from there
- Utilize Social Media Applications to Get Your Blog Out There (connect your blog posts with Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Share and share some much, start with baby steps and go from there (blog content, interests, etc.)